Friday, March 31, 2006

These are sad and scarey times. I'm getting old enough now to be able to say that I've seen them before, and will certainly witness the cultural pendulum swing back and forth a few more times before I check out. But that doesn't change the fact that it pisses me off that it was even an issue for filmaker Steve Anderson to find a distributor for his new documentary, F**K.

The film, scheduled for release later this year, will explore the history and social impact of the word "fuck". Notable interviewees include Ron Jeremy, Drew Carey, Hunter S. Thompson, Bill Maher and Alainis Morrissette, along with commentary by liguists and comedians.

"This work is at the center of the ongoing debate over Free Speech in our country," Anderson said. "From the moment I began this project I knew I had to find a distributor who would embrace the ideas and conflicts this film explores."

THINKFilms, a New York based distibution company, was up to the challenge. Mark Urman, head of the company's theatrical division, said, "[we are] not only excited to be releasing it, but we are thrilled to be among the companies who can."

In addition to the theatrical release, Showtime has plans to air the documentary in 2007.

Source: Adult Video News

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home